Friday, September 15, 2006

Standing ovation

Yesterday Nate pulled himself up into a standing position all by himself! He's been trying to do this for quite some time but has been injudicious in his choice of things to pull himself up on. Justin got a picture of it, and I will post it here in a bit. He is full of surprises lately, the little dude. For the past two nights he has only woken up once, at about 11:30, cried for about 10 mins and gone back to sleep until 7:00 am! Oh the sleep is sweet y'all, and I'm so proud of the little dude going it on his own.

Despite all this coolness I've been a little lackluster this past week. I've been doing some research work which is really interesting, but kind of labour and time intensive. I like the work but find it a bit stressful. I've also been working at home and find that I'm missing my Nate intensive days. One really cool thing that has come out of it is that I went to the university for the first time since I gave up the academic thing, and so totally don't regret it. Not even a little bit y'all! Sometimes I think I should miss it, cause it used to be such a huge part of my life, and I'm always surprised when I don't really. It doesn't hurt that no normal preson would want to be caught dead hanging out at the university in the first two weeks of school with all the frosh crap and join this fraternity and annoying undergrads wandering around aimlessly. In contrast, I really liked my job before maternity leave and am looking forward to returning to it. So, quite sorry PhD, but I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon, if at all. Does this make me a failure?

Maybe, but I'm a relaxed and happy failure.

Not too bad, hey?

No comments: