Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mama be a chef

Nate's all stocked up on his veggies for the next little while. I made zucchini, yams, green beans, carrots and parsnips, and chicken and yams. Tomorrow I tackle pears, apples, peaches, chicken and apples, and stewed prunes. The whole thing turned out to be much easier and less time consuming than I thought. Steam/boil/poach, puree and leave to cool, smear the puree into ice cube trays, pop out when frozen and put in storage bags in the freezer. I figure I will have about three weeks of food or more made this weekend, but what is even better is that I feel like I've actually accomplished something. The speedy completion of tasks isn't really something that happens much in my life these days. I'm always starting things and then the baby wakes up, or needs to nap or needs a feed, or the phone rings or whatever. So it is nice to do something all the way through in a couple of hours that will benefit us a bunch. Yay for me!

Okay I'll stop being annoying now.

Now that I think about it, it is kind of pathetic that mashing veggies has made me so happy.

Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

And also, I'll try to be more Tiradey and less Martha-like in posts to come.

No comments: