Saturday, September 09, 2006

Baby food gourmet

Today I will attempt to make my own baby food (I hope). Nate is zooming through his food like gangbusters and I'm getting tired of the limited kinds of baby food in the neighborhood (even the organic jarred food is very limited and I really don't trust jarred babyfood containing meat--it always smells like cat food and I don't even want to know what cuts they are making the food out of). There are lots of things I could introduce that I can't get at the store and I think even babies must get bored eating the same old food over and over again. Today I broke the allergy introduction doctrine and gave him blueberries and apples, I'm just a food rebel y'all. I mean it's not like I'm force feeding him peanuts (the big baby food no no) and have you ever heard of anyone being allergic to blueberries? I'll spin the big wheel on this one and see. Probably I'll start making stuff with chicken and a single veggie mixed, and move on from there.

No comments: