Thursday, September 28, 2006

Baby belly blues.

I've been feeling pretty low on energy the past couple of days and can't quite shake a teeny bit of blah in the back of my brain. I'm wondering if its just the change in season. I usually feel pretty pumped in the fall, but this fall I'm not feeling the love. Also, I'm starting to hate my baby belly a bit. Now y'all, I've always had some belly, even when I was a skinny thing in my teens, but not like this. I saw a picture of my belly yesterday from when we took Nate to the park and yikes! For starters, it begins way up farther than it ever did, and it pokes out. This is not attractive at all. Hrrrrmmph. Partly I think I've not been too bothered by it until now cause my damn boobs were so big from the breastfeeding that it kind of balanced me out a bit and made my belly look more proportional. Now that they are getting smaller, I'm noticing. I'm not sure now whether I really want them as gone as I thought I did.

Anyway, enough about my bad body image crap (I'm stuck with my belly and the best thing I can do is get off my ass and start getting fit--It may not help my belly but I bet it will make me feel better). I just need to suck it up (ha ha) and get on with it.

I'm thinking the reality of going back to work is setting in. I'm starting to feel like time is short and I need to squeeze all the family time out of the next couple of months that I can. This makes me want to do all kinds of stuff with the kid and Justin, which makes me try to plan everything, which makes me a bit stressy, which makes me all cranky, which makes me not want to do stuff. See the evil cycle here?

As a very good friend of mine once said "snap the fuck out of it!"

And I think I already have.

Thanks y'all.

No comments: