Sunday, September 10, 2006

The boy in black

We've been singing Johnny Cash to Nate lately and he seems to like him along with Elvis, The Village People, The Old Crow Medicine Show, and any other bits of nuttiness we can think up. Johnny seems to be a real winner.

I totally ditched the baby food making this morning in favour of going for a nice walk up Main Street with all my boys. We had lovely organic roti at East is East for lunch. Justin had an Afghan lamb roti, I had an eggplant and sundried tomato one and I have to say -yum yum yum. I also got to go to IKEA and bought a shelf for Nate's room and a couple of other things. IKEA now sells those crazy little meatballs frozen along with packets of the sauce, and I just had to get some. Now I know that these meatballs are hardly gastronomical delights, and all in all are pretty bland and weird (little strange nuggets of something), but damn they're good anyhow! It is kind of spooky really, like there's something else in there making you want to eat them (I swear they also put something in Tim Horton's coffee to make me want to drink it). I also got Nate this cute striped blanket and a couple of other little things.

For Nate's part, he went down like a lamb tonight at bedtime, which I'm taking as a good sign. He's been doing pretty well with the self soothing back to sleep at night, and only has trouble when he's hungry. I think I'm doing pretty well too, mostly with the whole sleep thing.

Or that's what I choose to tell myself anyway.

No comments: