Monday, September 25, 2006

Shiny happy sunny!

It's a lovely day in Vancouver, sunny with a temperature in the high teens and a lovely cool breeze (the kind of day I will dream about in the dreary, grey, rainy, damp, dark days to come). Nate and Snoopy and I went to the park and Nate had a swing. He loves them y'all and smiles and giggles the whole time. Also, he likes to lean his head way back and look at the sky as he swings. He looked so happy I wanted to cry.

The weaning is going well, although big boob is having a bit of a fit and refuses to take the hint that we no longer require it's services. Nate is gobbling up bottles like they are going out of style, and hardly seems to miss the boob (this makes me a bit sad, cause I miss breastfeeding a little).

Did I mention that my kid now weighs 19.5 lbs? He has almost outgrown his car seat (we are currently trying to find a new one). Tomorrow he will be 7 mos old. He still hasn't been on the outside as long as he was on the inside, but we are getting pretty close. He also has the crawling thing down now and is really really fast. We seriously need to do the babyproofing thing asap.

Mmmmmm, I've got chicken and rosemary stew in the crockpot and it is starting to smell pretty darn good. I'm loving my crockpot and am looking forward to a winter of quick and easy meals. We have had nothing but success so far with the crockpot, and even though you still can't make cookies in them, they are pretty good.

No comments: