Wednesday, September 06, 2006

In other news

I wasn't strong enough last night and after more than an hour of crying I went in and fished Nate's pacifier off the floor and gave it to him. He went immediately to sleep. The goddamn book says this will teach him to cry until I come in. I'm getting really tired of the freakin' book (this translates into 'I am a wuss and can't stand to hear the kid cry in the middle of the night'). He slept until almost six this morning, I fed him and then after a bit of crying he slept until eight this morning. I'm still thinking that is pretty damn good.

Fall TV season is here once again. I haven't seen anything yet that thrills me. I watched House last night and I have to say that they will lose me soon if they don't find some better plot lines. It's getting old guys. The two shows I am eagerly awaiting are the new seasons of 24 (summer reruns got me hooked last year) and Battlestar Galactica (incredible re-make of a childhood favorite). I did get sucked in to Grey's Anatomy this summer courtesy of reruns and Sandra Oh's fabulousness.

I've been dying to bake lately. Baking helps me to relieve stress, feel somewhat productive and feed people (which always makes me feel better). It's just too hot y'all. So I've been looking through cookbooks finding great recipes and waiting and waiting and waiting.

Did I also mention that Nate is growing like a weed? I bought him a winter jacket recently in size 9-12 mos thinking that it would be big enough to see him through the cold season (afterall he is only 6 mos old). Guess what? It fits him now perfectly!!!! So back it goes. I hope the next size up will do.

I figure he's got a great career in crushing Tokyo and fighting Mothra in his future.

GOGIRA!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren Bacon said...

More than an hour? Girl, give yourself a break. That's more than anyone could stand, let alone the babe's own mother!

Hang in there. :)