Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Breaking up with boob

We have been in the process of weaning for about a week now (I'm unsure as to whether Nate's weaning me or I'm weaning Nate) and I'm so not entirely sure how I feel about it. I had planned all along to wean Nate before I went back to work (looking like December) and it had seemed like now was the perfect time since Nate was waaay more excited about the bottle and was grazing the boob lightly and only for comfort most of the time. Also, the big boob was getting out of hand y'all. It was starting to feel like the boob that fed Vancouver. It was big, swollen, and cumbersome (not to mention painful when engorged). Little boob, on the other hand, had almost dried up and was something close to it's pre-breastfeeding size. I would look into the mirror in the morning and roll my eyes at the sight before me. Also another nursing bra had failed me.

Anyhow, enough with the justification. It is going really well and we are down to just one morning boob feed. I have the occasional attack of doubt about the formula full time thing, but that's just me I guess, and I'm trying not to over-think it (like I over-think everything).

Also, today is Nate's last round of shots, and I'm getting ready for the potential screaminess and swelling and crankiness. I'm really glad this is the last round y'all cause I'm a total wimp and can't bear to see the kid jabbed with needles (Justin has to hold him and I can't even watch). His crying breaks my little heart and I get to comfort him afterwards.

But I'd rather not have to do it at all.

No comments: