Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Only two days left

I'm returning to work on Friday. It's kind of a weird day to return to work, but I just picked the 15th at random and it turned out to be a Friday. As it happens, I was kind of smart to do it this way. I'll have a day to get oriented, the weekend off, then a week to work, then the Xmas break, (where I'll be off for some days), then a couple of days back and then new year. So it is kind of a graduated return to work. I was all smart without knowing it. It also gives Nate time to adjust a bit more to not having two parents home most of the time to do his bidding.

I have this huge list of stuff still, and am beginning to face the fact that I'll always have a huge list. There are a few more important things that must get done, but overall I think we are ready logistically (if not emotionally). My favorite thing off the list yesterday: baking. I made biscotti (my favorite and time consuming baking yummy). I'm gonna post some pics cause they turned out pretty well. I made candied ginger/dark chocolate, cranberry/white chocolate, and cranberry/almond/white chocolate. I'm hoping to get a bundt cake and a bunch of cookies done in the next couple of days, we shall see.

In the meantime I think I deserve a coffee, and some biscotti.

2 comments:

Mama T said...

oh yeah, you gonna be a work blogger?

joie said...

oh no, i'd forgotten about that biscotti! alas.

you deserve it, you working mother.