Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A day for boxing?

Boxing up the gifts? Boxing up the tree? Forget it--I'm keeping the damn tree for as long as it looks good (and it still does). I'm against boxing stuff, and really just boxing in general (so there!). We had a lovely day yesterday. It was purty mellow and all. Nate has a nasty cold that made him a little crankster sometimes, but mostly he was a dimmer version of his normally happy self. He really liked opening his first gift, but was kind of done after that. We unwrapped the gifts for him and he played with them the rest of the day. Our phone was doing really really wonky things yesterday for more than half the day, so if you tried to get in touch with us or were waiting for us to get in touch with you, we apologise (you can say you tried even if you didn't- one of those make Tirade feel good lies). I was thinking I'd try to go shopping today but I think I'll stay home, it just seems too stressful. Also making of the traditional post Christmas turkey soup, turkey pot pies etc will commence. And I feel like I haven't made nearly enough cookies yet. Justin got me a little book with 40 cookie recipes for my stocking and there are some very yummy looking prospects.

1 comment:

joie said...

ooooh, cookies!

someone here in oz asked me about sesame street and I had to break the news about it being sesame 'park' because streets are not safe for playing and that cookie monster now says "cookies are a good sometimes food" to combat bad nutrition in kids.

but I still say the cookies like he would. I will say it frequently to Nate because his generation is screwed for fun, honestly.

um, right, I'll get off my commentary soapbox of righteous ingidnation, sorry 'bout that. It was real nice to talk to yáll the other day...sounds like I got in under the wire. Hope your phone is off the fritz. hee.

ps. it took me three tries to get this published. You think they could make the secret letters legible, that would help.