Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mommy is a lush

So I went out last night and got toasted (no I didn't finally succumb to insanity, grab a bottle stuff it in a paper sac and crouch in some dark corner drinking alone). My supercool friend and I (one of my supercool friends, y'all they are all so talented) went shopping and decided to go for drinks afterwards. So off to Monsoon we went and had yummy masala fries with banana ketchup and beer. Lots and lots of beer. Beer that if I had bothered to translate might have warned me what I was in for. The yummy beer in question was called la fin du monde from Quebec. Unless I miss my guess that means 'the end of the world' and let me tell you, the headache I had felt like the damn world was ending. Yummy though, so very yummy that when the subject of splitting another bottle (a big big bottle) came up I thought " 'sonly beer, sure." Had I stopped to check it, I would have found that this beer is like 10 percent alcohol. Y'all, I was having such a good time that it so wouldn't have mattered. I was past tipsy, and I hadn't been past tipsy since before Nate was born. I had an awesome time.

I really like these moments of pre-Nate life where I get to chill, have a drink, go shopping, have a coffee or do whatever. I'm almost giddy when I grab one, and I try to max it out. But you know what? Coming home to my kid is the best, and I wouldn't trade the way life is now for the way it was for anything.

And boy I felt like crap this morning.

No comments: