Monday, August 07, 2006

Give us your toast


Breakfast is getting more challenging every day. It used to be I'd have one little dog stuck to me when I ate, now my audience has doubled. Nate has been eating cereal steadily since we got back from Halifax and it seems to make him happy. Not as happy as he thinks he would be if he had the food that everyone else gets to eat, but happy. Justin had Nate on his lap while we were eating lunch today, and when the fork went by Nate he leaned over with his mouth open. I had been trying to wait until the reccommended 6 months but he had other ideas.

I've recently decided that I'm probably going to return to work in December. I have way mixed feelings about it, cause I'm going to miss him so much and miss all the stuff he does day to day. I'm hoping for a flex day so that every second week I will have a three day weekend and that will give Justin a day off and me an extra baby day (Justin will be doing child care weekdays and work weekends and I the opposite). It has been such an amazing thing that we can both be home with Nate for most of his first year.

Good for our sanity too!

No comments: