Saturday, August 19, 2006

Anyone want some stuff?

Holy moly! How can one little house hold so much stuff? We are making some progress on the getting rid of crap. It seems though, that for every one damn thing we throw out there are a kagillion things that need to follow it.

In other news, my child has a temper y'all. We are starting to notice a way bitchy side to Nate as he gets more and more independent. He definetly has specific ideas about the things he wants to do and serious attitude for those who come between him and his objectives. It is as we both feared, he may be inheriting his mother's single-mindedness and temper (although it is very hard not to laugh at him sometimes). He is a pretty happy guy though, which I'm sure he gets from his dad! I think he is going through a bit of a developmental spurt yesterday and today. He can't seem to sleep for anything but short stretches of time and is kind of twitchy in a non-stop motion flailing kind of way.

I've started to accept that there will be very few 'normal' sleep days. If he's not teething, he's got something else going on. I figure there's so much going on with the growing little dude that we are lucky we aren't up around the clock.

Once this morning I woke up to him patting my cheek. He was staring at me like I was the most fascinating thing in his entire world, and for one second I really was. I'm thinking parenthood is addictive for this reason--you are it for a while--the kid's whole entire world. If you are a nurturer like me, its like crack. You also get to introduce them to everything and watch them learn!!! It's going to be so cool to see him come into his own, develop opinions and personality, even if it's more like mine than I'm comfortable with.

Though that doesn't bode well for his teen years.

No comments: