Monday, July 03, 2006

The thing about boobs...

Well, there are lots of things about boobs--my boobs--what with the breastfeeding and all. We are trying to wean Nate off of the night feedings because they seem to be really only sucking for more comfort and to get back to sleep than they are for food. It also encourages him to want to feed at night when we feed him every time he wakes up, or so I read in those infernal books. Mostly he just wakes up, latches on for a few minute snack, then goes back to sleep. He has been down to one of these feeds per night lately. So last night he woke up and I didn't give in and after a couple of mins I rocked him back to sleep (point for me--yay mum!). However, I was really tired and my sleepy brain decided that the baby could sleep with us so I wouldn't have to get up all the time. This worked really well (except for a hurty neck) and Nate did not let a peep out until about five thirty this morning. Now I have the fear that he will want to do this all the time. More than that, I have a fear that I will want to do this all the time (point for baby).

What does this all have to do with boobs? Well, now that the feeding has been reduced throughout the night, I'm waking up with one really bitchy swelly mean boob in the mornings that does not like to be slept on and wakes me up with its ouchiness (one point for boob o' plenty).

Clarification--I have one big mother of a boob that gives lots of milk and one little boob that gives less milk, hence the boob o' plenty (big boob and little boob will do). Now in addition to being all lopsided big boob is mad at me.

Some days you just can't win for losing.

I really don't see the whole thing as a a points game (mostly).

No comments: