Sunday, July 23, 2006

Coast to coast

We are off tomorrow to Halifax to visit our folks, more specifically so that Justin's folks can spend time with our folks and they all can talk about how Nate is the smartest, cutest, most incredible baby in the entire universe and how he will no doubt rule the world one day (except for the ruling the world these are pretty much verbatim statements from both sets of grandparents).

I realised last night (while I was in bed worrying about all the things I will forget to bring for Nate) that Nate will have travelled more in his first six months of life than I will have in my entire first seventeen years. Probably by the time he is a year old he will be an international traveller, which I didn't manage to accomplish until I was about twenty five or so. I am way more adventurous than my family about travelling, and probably Nate will be far better travelled than his momma. Justin had been all around Europe before he was twelve I think.

So far Nate has been a dream to travel with and seems to be a pretty happy dude no mattter where he be, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the teething won't be to terrible for him.

Part of me wishes he was a little older cause there are lots of things I'd like to do with him in Halifax. But really I know that there is no rush and lots of time to come for visiting home (what I still consider to be home despite all these years in Vancouver).

It is a very short four day trip, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Off to pack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And just imagine all the different things he's going to have eaten - I mean, how old were you when you first had an avacado? Heck, I was 12 before I had my first kiwi, and my first sushi was at 28. (Unless we're all into food cubes or vitapellets or something by the time he grows up.)

-aunti Jenn