Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Negative Nelly

So I was reading my own blog yesterday (I don't reccomend it) and I realised that I have been sounding kind of negative lately. Now I am a negative sort, I'd like to think in a funny, amusing, not world crushing kind of way. But I wanted to post something nice as I sit here on my comfortable couch, latte in hand while my husband feeds Nate his rice cereal (the in-laws are in Whistler over night). This is a nice scene, Justin is singing country music to Nate while the dog looks on. He's hoping for any or all of many things to happen:

a) bits fall on the floor
b) Justin notices him and takes him for a walk
c) kibble falls from the sky

Snoopy must stop occasionally to sniff the wall this morning because I spilled an entire tub of salsa on the floor (boy does that stuff have an incredible splatter radius).

Anyhow, I wanted to say how much I'm loving my family, and especially being a mom. Not to sound too smarmy or fluffy or anything but I'm fast considering Nate the coolest thing I've ever done. Justin is the smartest thing and Nate the coolest.

Nate's favorite song is currently from Star Wars where they go into the cafe to hire Han Solo and the band is playing this catchy little tune. All you have to do to get a smile and a gurgle from him is to mimic this song. We are raising a sci-fi nerd (just like his parents).

Almost every moment with this kid is awesome, even the crappy stuff I'm vowing not sweat.

I wonder how long that vow will last.

No comments: