Saturday, July 15, 2006

The laundry fairy is never coming.

I guess I'd better get off my ass and do it already. Kids generate lots of laundry, things are drooled on (sometimes I just ignore this, let it dry and put it back on him), or puked on (tough to ignore) or rice cereal spat on (really gross), and then there is the pooed on (not going to even discuss it). Previously mentioned substances also end up on the clothes of every adult in the house and also the dog (who has no laundry -- thank you Snoopy). Laundry takes up a lot of my time.

On a completely unrelated note: Do you know what makes my ass so very tired? People out there in the world who don't look where they are going. These people are everywhere and are either so completely sure that the world will get out of their way (arrogant bastards), or so unconcerned for their personal safety that they just roam around willy nilly staring at their shoes or the sky or chatting with their sidewalk hogging friends (damn them all). If I were them I'd be really concerned about my personal safety when a very substantial woman is headed my way with a massive stroller and a murderous look in her eye. But they just la-la-la along as if they haven't a freakin care in the world. I am now perfecting the art of barely clipping people's feet with the wheels of the stroller enough to make them stumble a little withoug having to stop at all. When I see them stumble, or at least be forced to notice me trying to get by and give me a dirty look, my heart is siezed by a fierce and evil joy that warms me with a sharp satisfaction for a good part of the day. My other tactic is to just yell "excuse me" and juggernaut my way forward into the fray. There is a cold place in hell for these people along with:

  • people who don't offer to give their seats up for pregnant women, the elderly or people with strollers on the bus
  • people who stand in front of the doors of the sky train and don't let anyone pass even though the rest of the train is empty
  • people who abandon small dependant animals
  • people who run red lights
  • other generally thoughtless folk who I reserve the right to bitch about later.

Now for the happy! Nate is practicing to crawl! He has this whole inchworm thing going on as his main method of propulsion right now. He can get his front up and his back up, but not at the same time yet (this causes him considerable frustration). For a long time now he's been pulling himself into a sitting and then standing position if you hold his hands for support, but other than the rolling around on the floor, he hasn't shown any lateral movement until the last couple of weeks.

We went to get family photos with Justin's parents yesterday, and we had the hardest time getting him to smile. Usually you just have to look at him to get a grin, but not yesterday. Yesterday he was all serious and stuff. Go figure. Still, I think they will be okay in that cheese-like family photo way.

Now for laundry.

2 comments:

Mama T said...

It all changes when it's not just you that you have to maneouver down the sidewalk (sorry for the erroneous spelling, oops think i did it again), doesn't it? We have major issues with large crowds of dilly dalliers. Come on, people, walk with purpose. There should be rules pertaining to walking on the sidewalk. Man, am I ever uptight...

Tirade said...

Rules? Excellent! I'm all for it as long as we get to make them. It must be even worse trying to get around with two young 'uns.