Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You know what is stupid?

Free health care that isn't free. I mean I come from a province where when they say you don't pay for health care--you don't. I move to BC and BAM! All of a sudden I have premiums. Premiums that are apparently extra confusing.

(If you aren't in the mood for a tirade then skip until the end)

So confusing that a professional woman trained in the administration of benefits cannot seem to understand how they work. I spent the whole day at work today emailing the benefits administrator trying to get my health care premium payments straightened out so that BC Medical Services wouldn't put me into collection. Apparently they hadn't received a dime from my work (even though my half of the premiums were being deducted from my pay cheque) for the entire time I've been back to work. All because the benefit chick (yes she is a CHICK) doesn't know how to do her job. First she tells me that I have to fill out forms and call people and that it is my fault cause I didn't tell the MSP folk that I had returned to work. When I call them they tell me they can't do it on my say so and the benefits administrator has to do that. When I tell her this she emails me the wrong form and then tells me I have to go on line to get yet another form which I am responsible for filling out and returning to MSP. This turns out also to be untrue. At this point I am wondering exactly what this woman does all day long, as she knows fracking nothing about benefits!!!! If I, a completely untrained in the way of benefits girl can figure these things out, then why can she not? Grrrrrrr. I mean it's not like they pay me to actually do a job while I'm at work is it? If she had just bothered to check her information before sending off snarky emails, I would be ab-so-fracking-lutely grateful. Suprised but grateful.

Ahhhhhhh. That's better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But baby! If I weren't in the mood for a tirade, why would I BE at tiradegirl.com?

love, Jenn

Mama T said...

I wonder, if like the Inuit way of having many words for snow, you will come up with many categories for being mad. I like "me angry" but my favourite to date is "festering hatred". Keep up the good work!