Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Momma!

Today is my birthday! This year I pretty much forgot when it was and when November was coming and what day it was at any given point. There have been so many things to do since we got back from Halifax. Justin made me the bestest birthday latte this morning, and I had a wonderful morning cuddle with my lovely Nate who beamed at me when I got him out of the crib (like I was a superstar -- who can beat that?).

We didn't get any kids for Halloween, sadly, but we did carve some fantastic pumpkins (I will post pictures as soon as we download them). Today I'm making Laksa for dinner and I'm totally looking forward to it. I found some fresh laksa leaves at the market and some lovely galangal.

It's hard to believe that this time last year Nate was still inside. I can't imagine life without my family.

I'm a very lucky girl.

4 comments:

Mama T said...

Have a great day. What's laska? we're sooo looking forward to your visit!

Tirade said...

Laska is a Singaporean dish. It is basically rice noodles in a coconut broth seasoned with shallots, chilis, lemongrass, and shrimp paste. This is topped with shredded chicken, hard boiled eggs, tofu puffs, laksa leaves (taste like cilantro), and bean sprouts. We are totally looking forward to our visit as well, expect an email with the details tres soon!

Tirade said...

OOPS, I spelled it wrong too. It's Laksa.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated from all of us! Hope it was awesome!