Saturday, November 25, 2006

Go nucks go!

Things happen when I'm left alone in the house with just a computer. Weird things. Shopping things. Tonight I was checking out my email and got some crap junk mail from eBay. What did I do? You know, dontcha?

You do.

I went a browsing. I went a buying. As a result Justin and I are going to see the Nucks vs. Oilers at good old GM place! I was going to keep it a secret, but what the hell--I can't keep fun hockey news to myself. Besides--I won (see what eBay does? only they can convince you that spending money is winning). OOOOOHHHH I'm a winner. Yep. A big winner. Win win win.

After I bid I spent an agonizing few minutes deciding whether or not I actually wanted to win.

Did I spend too much?

Could we afford it?

Would Justin be excited?

Could we get a sitter?

Was I being stupid?

Y'all, ever since Justin came to live here (and became a huge hockey fan) I have talked about how I wanted to take him to a game, but it had never worked out.

And there it is.

An eBay adventure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! that's so awesome!

count me in for babysitting.

:)

Mama T said...

and let's hope it's as good a game as the one timmy and ben went to see, also an ebay shopping, i mean winning, adventure.

Anonymous said...

oooh, I'm so excited for you guys!! oooh. The Oilers, too. It's gonna be fuuun.

You should sneak in a cold one because the beer there is awful and the lineups are crazy. Otherwise, get a 10$ hot dog and scream, swear and heckle your asses off.

Fun.

-jack

Anonymous said...

You totally won.

-jack

Anonymous said...

Sadly the nucks had a truly dismal night and were shut out 4-0 by the Oilers. It wasn't even very good hockey. But, it was fun to be there, and yell and chant and watch the silly fan battles in the stands. We also had pretty good seats, right behind our teams' goal, up in the balcony. Too bad Luongo's performance in goal prompted the guy behind us to start chanting 'uh-oh...Luongo'.
The nucks were always fun to watch when Crow was coaching, even if they didn't always win. It's just too sad that the fun is gone.