Friday, November 24, 2006

Are you awake? How 'bout now?

This was yesterday's title. I got up all grumpy because someone from the payroll department in Ottawa called me at 4:30 am to discuss my return to work. It seems that they forgot all about the time difference. Sheesh, Upper Canadians. I didn't really get back to sleep so yesterday was fun city. I also got my eyes tested yesterday and they are apparently worse for the wear of having a baby. My optometrist informed me that having a baby (and all the hormones etc) either makes your eyesight better or worse. The catch is it can go either way, and it is permanent. The good news in all of this is that I still need glasses for reading and computer work but I now need to wear them for movies and for driving at night (not a big deal since I don't drive).

Last night I went over to my friend Lori's place and got to spend some quality time with her daughter Sosi. We had a blast, she and I. I think we were both really excited to just hang without the baby around. She got 100% of my attention and I got to concentrate on the pure fun of playing. We watched Raffi (thanks Tiffany and Clara for the Raffi DVD introduction)and sang and danced and played dollies.

Raffi rocks.

You know, before I had a kid I kinda thought he was creepy.

Go figure.

5 comments:

Mama T said...

Me too, is it the beard? I think my biggest fear is that soon, I will only sing Raffi songs. I even sing them in my head throughout the day and when I am trying to get to sleep. They are extremely insiduous, beware!

joie said...

Creepy?! How on earth is that possible? I am shocked. Shocked and affronted, for Raffi, of course.

He and Fred Penner were my gods (and those folks from Free to Be You and Me, natch) when I was wee.

Now, Mr.Dressup, I understand, but Raffi is gold. You should get all the tapes too. I still have them and listen to them, but that's between you and me and now the world, okay?

After my latest email, it would appear your post the other day *did* in fact jinx the Natester. Or is he fine through the night just rough for naps?

"Willaby wallaby wustin, an elephant sat on Justin..." so catchy, that Raffi!

Also, I'm never getting knocked up, doctors will blame everything for the rest of your life on the fact that you had a baby, my god!

joie said...

Wait, I was confused. Mr. Dressup was totally awesome. (sorry, Mr. Dressup) He drew and hung out with Casey and Finnegan. Fantastic.

I meant our cardigan-happy friend, Mr. Rodgers. His puppet land with that woman who now does DIY shows was fun, but he was a leetle off, ya.

But I insist that you find Free To Be for Nate. I'm coming back you know, so he can't escape.

"Willaby wallaby wanya, an elephant sat on Tanya. Willaby wallaby wong, oh, I hope that you sing along. Willaby wallaby we, a sing along alonga with me..." (begin scat)

Tirade said...

Creepy. S'all I'm saying. Especially Mr. Dressup and Mr. Rodgers.

Anonymous said...

hey... there is no way mr. dressup is creepy! mr. rodgers, totally.

thanks again for watching sosi! she had so much fun. :)