Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sell this frickin' house

So our deal to sell this place with our neighbor fell through and we are now on the market. Being on the market makes me feel veeeeery insecure. As anyone who reads the papers or watched the news, or is alive knows, whatever "the market" is, it is not good. Places in this complex similar to ours previously sold in one lousy day! Now we are holding our breath to see if we can get at least $40, 000 less than we could have got for it six months ago. It isn't the money (well mostly it isn't), but the uncertainty that is killing me. I want to go home! I have a house all picked out and everything. Anyone who imagined me stamping my foot with the last sentence is abso-frickin-lootely right. So whoever is reading this do whatever prayer, strange pagan ritual, voodoo magic or whatnot you can to get this sucker moving.

In other news, Nate is awesome! We took him around and about on Halloween and once he hit the first few houses all hesitance went out the window! He was walking into peoples houses! Yesterday, he threw his arms around my legs and said "Mama, I'm your best friend." He tells me he loves me every night before he goes to bed (something I did even until my teens with my Mom and Dad--oops and now that I think it I still do it). It breaks my heart in a good way and I will never get tired of hearing it.

Screw being a rock star academic -- being a mom is better.

1 comment:

kaz said...

you are a rockstar-academic-best friend & mom...and you're gorgeous, savvy, witty and super fun to be with too....You got it all PattyHattyRattyface; I'm sending a big burst of positivity your way...let me know when it arrives!