Sunday, November 16, 2008

my roller coaster relationship

with real estate.

This is getting ridiculous! I'm soooo close to going home that I can taste it, hell I've even been dreaming about it lately. I know that's weird, but I had this dream that we all moved home into my mother's house which was, as it always happens in dreams, not my mother's house but a huge gorgeous old mansion with a basement to rival the coolest of houses. And in this dream Idjie was alive. I dream of Idjie a lot, and I'm not entirely sure what he is doing in all of these dreams except being Idjie. Anyhow, in this dream I'm joyous 'cause we are home and everyone is good and lights are sparkling in the sky (seriously!).

So I know that all won't be fabulous and all my troubles won't melt away just by going home, but dammit we had a plan.

It looks like we might have to lower the price on our condo if we want it to sell. I'm generally okay with that, but it brings up the whole what are we doing and why are we doing it thing. I feel like if I don't make this all happen perfectly then it won't happen at all and the stress is starting to get to me a bit. Part of me is also wishing that I had done this six months or a year ago and we'd be sitting pretty. Stoopid crash, stoopid banks, stoopid people who won't buy my condo.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry really. Or buy video games. Maybe an X BOX to take the edge off. Just a little bit of retail therapy.

I feel like something has got to give.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're talking game systems, don't forget the Wii! Then when you make it home, you can borrow games from mii! Sii?
love,
Jenn

kaz said...

awww- idgie

girlfriend - you wanna talk about crazy-real-thick-dreams? I got you covered!

kaz said...

I always think and dream of idjie with a "g" (idgie)