Saturday, June 10, 2006

First Message

So...today I set up our new computer. In honour of this I decided to try this whole blogging thing. The idea being that those of you who care can have a looksee at recent pictures, hear about the most recent adorable (or horrible) thing my son has done, or listen to one of my rants (I'm not the Tirade for nuthin) about anything I decide to talk about. Don't expect anything too clever though, because I'm not sure I got it in me.

I actually didn't spend a tonne of time with the little dude today other than my normal dairy queen duties. How you may ask can a new mother accomplish this? Parents-in-law. They are here for three months--we are nearing the end of month one.

They adore my child.

Did I mention they are staying for three months?

With us?

The end of month one.

Anyhow, not much time with Nate today as I was setting up the computer and generally looking forward to going out this evening with a friend (all by myself-no husband, no baby, no parents-in-law) where I consumed TWO drinks (or so). I fear that some damn spy from the Le Leche League is going to pound on my door any second, bitch slap me and paste a bad mommy sign on my ass.

The sad thing is that I was a very tipsy girl after just two drinks. I ran into a woman I used to work with on the way home and I think I scared her. I was all cheerful and way too chatty and she kind of had that 'back away slowly' face on.

There it is--tipsy.

No comments: