Friday, June 23, 2006

Chirpy

Not much new--well at this stage everything is new but there's so much going on all the time things just mush together and you forget the newness. Like the kid is now almost rolling from back to front, and spends much time on his side. Like his newfound adeptness for reaching for, snagging, and shoving just about anything in his mouth and gnoshing away on it.

With these cool changes comes the nighttime discontent apparently. He is waking up many times a night, not to feed, but just up and pissy because he is up and can't get back to sleep. Needless to say this causes us much consternation and to me personally some fairly major no sleep rage.

The no sleep rage is pretty scary actually cause it comes from an uncontrollable place within me that doesn't see things in a reasonable way. So after the third time that I've put him down and his eyes pop open and he starts to fuss, I want to scream, jump up and down, or just dump him in his very loudly snoring father's lap (I hate it when I can't sleep and my husband is soooo obviously enjoying his slumber in a freight train sounding way) and go sleep out in the alley where I will be comforted by the shrill sounds of the drunk crazy people, dramatic angsty couple fights, dramatic but serious fights between cats, and some not so nice "domestic disputes".

I love my neighborhood.

Anyhow, the next morning all is wonderful and my perfectly well rested child beams up at me in the most angelic way (god, I hate that I just used that word, but it is true) and he is chirpy and shiny and bright and I wonder what I would do without him.

fucking parenthood will get ya every time.

No comments: