Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mama Tirade

This morning my family let me sleep in to an unimaginable 9am (the luxury)! Nate woke me up yelling 'Happy Mother's Day Mama' at the top of his lungs. It sounds sappy, but it was music to my ears. This was followed by a very proud "I help make pancakes!"

They were lovely. Justin pulled Nate's step stool up to the kitchen island and he poured and stirred and then sat at the table with us while we all ate pancakes with golden corn syrup.

A great morning.

I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we hardly made a mess. Actually I was quite surprised at how well he managed. He measured out the flour , sugar, and baking powder. Pinched the salt like I showed him...and beat the eggs with the milk. He even poured that into the flour mixture and mixed it all up! Who knew he could be so handy?! I reckon a few more weeks in the kitchen and he'll be making us dinner every evening!

No really, it was really great to see him so excited. When Snoopy came down to see what was happening, Nate's first words to him were "Happy mothers' day Snoopy!" . followed by " I'm making pancakes Snoopy!".

I only wished I had video of it all.

Justin

Anonymous said...

god, that is so sweet!

happy belated mother's day to one of my favourite moms!

miss you,