Saturday, July 21, 2007

Smells like rain

Go figure, its Vancouver.

Hi there folks. Back from three weeks in the Maritimes. Okay, like I've been back for like three weeks or so now--and I have no excuse for not blogging sooner except thte following:

I've been cranky
I've been working (and not with lovely fun sitting on my ass eating bonbons stuff either, I've been busy at work which has been this past two weeks equal parts good getting work stuff done and being driven up the wall).
I've been being a Mommy when I'm not working (this is way fun mostly).
The rest of the time is basically devoted to sleep.

I have a million Tirades but will save them for a day when Nate isn't likely to start flinging food any minute because he ahs decided supper is over.

Our trip to Halifax was great but not at all like we expected. My chill child turned into a screaming, fitski of a Nateski. He decided that he wanted momma, momma, momma, all the time. Couldn't leave the house without him, wouldn't go to bed unless momma did it, wouldna let me out of his sight. Frack. This meant that Justin and I didn't even get a single date since Nate would wake up several times a night and wouldn't go back down for anyone else. Even if I hated my parents I couldn't subject them to the Nate in full fledged tantrum. My worst enemy maybe but not the woman whose loins I emerged from (or rather--whose abdomen I was cut out of). So it was a bit of a relief to get him back to his sleeping all night no fuss at bedtime routine (happened almost instantly).

Eek! Supper is over. More to come soon, possibly including the following topics:

Nate's New Words: a lexicon and guide.
I spy daycare on the Horizon
Tirade and why she needs to strangle a person a day for at least the next couple of weeks.
Why I want another puppy
Living like Kings in Halifax
Frackin Government
Frackin Summer TV
Fracking
Facebook: friend or Foe?
Why do I have so much stuff

Kay, later.

No comments: